Who we are:
In 2007 eight sober home operators came together to form the Massachusetts Alliance for Sober Housing (MASH). MASH exists to ensure and promote critical management, operational, and ethical standards of sober homes, as well as to promote technical assistance to new and existing homes. Our goal is to help create and foster a safe living environment for those with substance use disorders through an alliance of certified sober housing with empirically based recovery principles and practical
- Certified sober homes using the National Alliance for Recovery Residences (NARR) standards.
- Serves as the primary agency for accountability of all certified homes in Massachusetts
- Fosters statewide representation and coalitions
- Provides supervision and training for sober home
- Maintains a website with information on MASH certified sober homes
MASH is a 501 (c) (3) and is an affiliate of the National Alliance of Recovery Residences (NARR).
MASH would like to thank The Mass Department of Public Health for its support.