2023 MASH Trainings
Virtual: MASH Mentor/Manager Training
Zoom – June 12, 2023 from 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Mentors (managers) will learn crucial tools to improve leadership skills, communication with house members, and setting healthy boundaries. The 1-day training will be held via Zoom on Monday, February 13th from 9:00am – 4:00pm.On screen presence and participation is required for the entire day is required to receive a certificate of attendance.
- Introduction To MASH
- Introduction To Sober Housing
- Conflict Resolution
- Preparing For Your Future
- Understand the role and functions of being a leader in a sober home.
- Attain information needed to comply with MASH standards.
- Recognize and understand how to implement the best practices of safe and healthy sober houses that promote long term recovery in the local community.
Virtual: Conflict Resolution for Operators
Zoom: June 21, 2023 from 6:30 PM-8:30 PM
This 2-hour training will help operators identify causes of conflict and recognize methods of conflict resolution that are specific to sober housing. CEUs will be offered. Training will be held via Zoom on Wednesday June 21st from 6:30pm – 8:30pm. Please be sure to log onto the Zoom 10 minutes prior to the start of the training.
- Our Role As Operators
- Active Listening
- Resolving Conflicts
- Understand Causes Of Conflict
- Recognize How Operators Set The Tone In The House
- Learn The Importance Of Active Listening
- Develop Skills to Resolve Conflicts
MASH 101 for Potential Operators, In-Person, 2nd Monday & Tuesday of the month, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- July 10th & 11th
- September 11th & 12th
- November 13th & 14th
MASH Managers/Live-In House Mentor, 2nd Monday of the month, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- August 14th
- December 11th
2-hour Trainings with CEUs, 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Basics of Motivational Interviewing – January 18th & October 18th – 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Choosing a New Manager – February 15th & November 15th – 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Removing Barriers to Recovery – March 15th – 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
- Trauma Sensitive Care – April 19th & December 20th – 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Cultural Awareness – May 17th – 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
- Conflict Resolution for Operators – June 21st – 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
- Conflict Resolution for Managers -July 19th – 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
- LGBTQ+ Awareness – August 16th – 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
- Compassion Fatigue/Burnout/Vicarious Trauma – September 20th – 6:30 pm-8:30 pm