MASH CODE OF ETHICS
It is the obligation of all Sober Home owners/operators and staff to value and respect each resident and to put each individual’s recovery and needs at the forefront of all decision making.
To meet this obligation, we adhere to the following principles:
- Assess each potential resident’s needs, and determine whether the level of support available within the Sober Home is appropriate. Provide assistance to the resident for referral in or outside of the residence.
- Value diversity and non-discrimination.
- Provide a safe, homelike environment that meets MASH/NARR Standards.
- Maintain an alcohol- and illicit-drug-free environment.
- Honor individuals’ rights to choose their recovery paths within the parameters defined by the Sober Home organization.
- Protect the privacy and personal rights of each resident.
- Provide consistent and uniformly applied rules.
- Provide for the health, safety and welfare of each resident.
- Address each resident fairly in all situations.
- Encourage residents to sustain relationships with professionals, recovery support service providers and allies.
- Take appropriate action to stop intimidation, bullying, sexual harassment and/or otherwise threatening behavior of residents, staff and visitors within the Sober Home.
- Take appropriate action to stop retribution, intimidation, or any negative consequences that could occur as the result of a grievance or complaint.
- Provide consistent, fair practices for drug testing that promote the residents’ recovery and the health and safety of the recovery environment and protect the privacy of resident information.
- Provide an environment in which each resident’s recovery needs are the primary factors in all decision making.
- Promote the Sober Home with marketing or advertising that is supported by accurate, open and honest claims.
- Decline taking a primary role in the recovery plans of relatives, close friends, and/or business acquaintances.
- Sustain transparency in operational and financial decisions.
- Maintain clear personal and professional boundaries.
- Operate within the Sober Home’s scope of service and within professional training and credentials.
- Maintain an environment that promotes the peace and safety of the surrounding neighborhood and the community at large.
Downloadable version: CODE OF ETHICS